DRI: 5 mg/day
Toxic level: 200 mg/day
Organ meat (liver, kidney), egg yolk avocades, cashew nuts & Peanuts, brownrice, soya, lentils, broccoli & milk.Royal jelly & brewer’s yeast are rich.
It is absorbed from small intestine. It is further metabolized to Coenzyme A.
- Precursor for coenzyme A (COA)
- Involved in energy production
- Catabolism of fatty acids and amino acids,
- The synthesis of fatty acids, phospholipids, sphingolipids cholesterol & steroid hormones & synthesis of heme & the neurotransmitter a cetylcholine.
- Pantothenic Acid reduces the duration of morning stiffness, degree of disability, and pain severity in rheumatoid arthritis patients.
Irritability, Fatigue & apathy.